Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reformation is an American's DNA

America is very much a country that is the result of Reformation that occurred in Europe and particularity the very first waves of immigrants.

 I think the American spirit and attitudes of today are distillations of the highly seggregated and religious freedom seekers of the early 1600's.

So, I'll spend time rereading early American founding father books and begin reading published works by America's early authors.

Personally, I'm going through a Reformation myself. Its terrible when you find you are terrible at doing what you love, teaching. But, I will do better. And, teacher research will be most of my summer and planning to be a more effective teacher will be primarily my focus. Reformation is tranformative only if those involved "self-select" their future.

No comments:

Post a Comment