Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Limited Traction for My First Baptist Upbringing...I'm Pluralist...and My God is a Woman with Zinging Puns Who Laughs as She Works

Before you discount my strong language and inability to whole heartily agree with people who become upset if ..."Under God" is dropped from an NBC piece...

First go to Bali and Japan and live there, or visit active temples/shrines and see how other religions foster common understanding that each and every life- although different from mine- is just. I almost teared up at flower petals on green leaves and floating lanterns in rivers- all honoring a God I did not know, but was done with such reverence that I was lost for words for a way to actually do anything, but Thank my God (female with love for puns) to allow me those experiences.

The actual word God is exclusionary. God however it is depicted exists even in remote jungles. Worship has always been common to mankind- the expression is distinct, but Godness is not original to America- all of 200+ years old.

I've studied Buddhist. Christianity. Muslim. I've witnessed more, and I cannot find that my First Baptist upbringing is MORE BETTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment